Nd:Yag laser is named after the laser medium, Neodymium:yttrium-aluminium-garnet. As the name of laser suggests, the pulse duration of energy emitted during the laser treatmet is longer than the Q switch laser. Hence this laser treats other conditions such as:
- Spider and thread veins on the face and legs, some vascular birthmarks (capillary vascular malformations), and small calibre varicose veins.
- Treatment time depends on the form, size and location of the lesions as well as the skin type.
- Small red vessels can usually be removed in only 1 to 3 sessions.
- Several sessions may be necessary to remove bigger veins and spider veins.
Permanent Hair Reduction
- In any location including underarms, bikini line, face, neck, back, chest and legs.
- Nd:YAG laser is generally ineffective for light-coloured (blonde/grey) hair, but effective for treating dark (brown/black) hair.
- In general, patients have 2 to 6 treatments, approximately every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Patients with darker skin types may require more treatments.
- Onychomycosis is a common nail disorder caused by fungal pathogens.
- Successful treatment of onychomycosis requires antifungal drugs to penetrate the nail plate and nail bed, but this is often incomplete with oral and topical agents.
- Long pulse Nd Yag laser is FDA approved to treat Onychomycosis.
- In general, patients have 4 treatments at monthly intervals.